Plan Now to Join Us for the 8th Annual
Texas Basket Weavers Association
Conference, January 24-27, 2019!
We’ll be doing the Dallas Roundup at the
DoubleTree by the Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria.
Conference registration does not include lodging.
Extra Day Weaver fees are charged for conference
attendees not staying at the DoubleTree by the Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria.
Mention Texas Basket Weavers Association to get the special discounted rate when you make your hotel room reservations early by phone. 972-385-9000DoubleTree by the Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria 4099 Valley View Lane
Dallas, Texas 75244 Room rates are for single and double occupancies.
Discounted hotel rooms are on a first available basis
and this offer ends December 19, 2018.
Class Confirmations and Form for Pre-ordering Basket Kits and Paying the Marketplace Fee
Class confirmations along with the form for pre-ordering basket kits or reserving space to sell in the Marketplace will be sent in the first half of October 2018.
- All registrants will receive their confirmation and form via email unless they supplied a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Follow the confirmation instructions, and the instructions on this form, to send in your money for classes, basket kits and/or marketplace fees.
- Selling at Marketplace is now a ticket option when you register for the conference. Simply select the $10 ticket "Seller at Marketplace" and pay the fee at checkout. A conference team member will contact you later to complete your application concerning the items you intend to sell.
PRE-ORDERED BASKET CLASS KITS
- When your list of class selections are sent to you in early October, you will receive a list of the available kits for pre-ordering.
- Pre-ordered basket kits will be available for pick-up between classes or during Marketplace.
- Kits will NOT be mailed. You must make arrangements to have someone else pick up your kit(s) if you are unable to do so yourself.
On Saturday evening, January 26th, we offer Marketplace space to any registrant who wishes to sell basket-related supplies or items he or she has made. Marketplace will be held in the weaving room from 7 pm to 8:30 pm.
We make it easy to pre-pay for being a Marketplace seller during online registration.
Simply select the ticket marked "Seller at Marketplace" and you will be charged the $10 fee at checkout. A conference team member will contact you later to complete your application for the items you intend to sell during Marketplace.
If you are interested in participating but not sure if your items are allowed, please use the CONTACT 2019 CONFERENCE TEAM form to sign up and get info on payment for Marketplace, your printed registration form or Pre-ordering basket kit and Marketplace fee form, and pay the $10.00 fee to reserve a space for you to sell your items.
OR if you're registering by mail - mark your printed registration form or Pre-ordering basket kit and Marketplace fee form, and pay the $10.00 fee to reserve a space for you to sell your items.
Applications and fees for Marketplace are due November 1, 2018.
All individual Marketplace spaces must be pre-paid before the Conference.
Be sure to visit our great Vendors
at the 2019 Conference!
- Atkinson’s Country House
- Bases to Weave
- Bittersweet Baskets and Homestead Handles
- Gifts by Brenda
- Homestead Baskets
- PrairieWood Basketry
Silent Auction and
- Silent Auction bidding and ticket sales for the Opportunity Drawings will be available from Thursday noon through Saturday 6:00 pm.
- No address labels needed - just write your NAME on the back of your ticket for a quick way to identify yourself for the drawing.
- Silent Auction numbers will be assigned by Registration and you will receive that number in your registration packet.
- You must be present at the Conference or appoint someone to pick up your items.
- Silent Auction items must be paid in full by cash or check when winners are notified.
- No items will be mailed.
Stars of Weaving
Share your baskets with your fellow weavers in either a juried or non-juried exhibit!
5 Juried Categories (each competing for $50 cash prizes):
- Art/Unusual Piece
- New Weaver (less than 2 years)
One entry from the above categories (except Professional) could win even more $$ and prizes with the Viewer’s Choice Award!
COMPETITION REWARD: Winners of the juried categories listed above will receive $50 CASH!
Non-competitive Category (no prize money):
Want to show off your basketry skills but don't want to enter the Stars of Weaving? The Exhibition is just the place for you! Bring your non-competing items to display during the conference.
It’s easy to enter the Stars of Weaving Competition or The Exhibition and FUN to show off your basketry skills!
Get further details by contacting our Stars of Weaving Coordinator here:
Volunteers Are Needed
I've heard it takes a village to raise a child and putting on a conference is no different. It takes a lot of people to host and make it successful.
With that being said, I want to encourage you to volunteer some time to help in areas such as:
- stuffing goodie bags
- taking lunch tickets
- selling raffle tickets
- handing out and collecting evaluations, etc.
We also need volunteers to help with:
- front desk
- change teachers class signs
- check thrash bags
This is just a partial listing of where we need assistance. After you have your assigned classes you will know if you have some available time, so please let me know and I will put you on the schedule.
Thank you for volunteering!
Volunteer Coordinator and
* Or you can use the Contact the 2019 Conference Team form at the end of this page!
2019 Conference Committee
Have a specific question about an area of the Dalla Round Up Conference? Contact the committee members using the links below. For general questions, contact the 2019 Conference Chairs, Brenda McKinnon and Rebecca Shanks.
|Conference Chairs||Brenda McKinnon and Rebecca Shanks|
|Teacher Coord.||Arlene Woodall|
|Vendor Coord.||Arlene Woodall|
|Volunteer Coord.||Vickie Gildon|
|Donations Coord.||Karen Hobbs|
|Printing & Publicity||Rebecca Shanks|
|On-Site Facilities Mgr.||Vickie Gildon|
|Stars of Weaving &
The Exhibition Coord.